Search

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

CFDOCUMENT top margin cuts into the first line



I posted this a while ago on StackOverflow.com but considering I answered it myself and my blog needs content, I' posting it here too.

We produce a lot of PDF output for our customers. On some of the pages, the top line was getting cut off often times making it unreadable. There's an example of this here. I know there was a bug in 7, but that was said to be fixed in 8 and we were using 8,0,1,195765.

After some testing I found that it only happens within table cells. The problem is, we're outputting tabular data. I tried using divs to creat the table using CSS
display:table-cell; display:table-row;
But that didn't work either.

A little more poking around and I found that wrapping <div> around the data inside the <td> tags solved the problem.
<td><div>#dateFormat(now(), "mm/dd/yyyy")#</div></td>

The one time this didn't work was because of nested table tags (which shouldn't have happened anyway). After fixing the nested tables it worked like a charm.


No comments:

Post a Comment